Saturday, July 11, 2015

North to Oberlin, OH

After a restful evening's sleep at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel (yes, really) which is in a restored train station, we made our way through Tennessee and Kentucky heading to see Marci in Oberlin, Ohio.

(Pavlin wisely suggested that we get some healthy sandwiches and munchies from Publix for the long ride--perfect idea!)

Most of the route was Interstates (75 & 71, or should I be saying 'the 75?') but we did wind up on a scenic state route where I almost collided with a horse-and-buggy piloted by a smiling, Amish man.

We finally made it to Marci's and enjoyed a simple, yet elegant dinner of shrimp cocktail, corn on the cob, salad, and bread.   
Marci's a terrific hostess in every way!  Great conversation rounded out the evening, and we went to sleep in a very plush bed, relaxed and ready to take on the next leg of our journey--Chicago.


5 comments:

  1. I get a little misty thinking about how you guys are starting your life together by taking the time to visit friends from your respective pasts....a beautiful tapestry.
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. And Pavlin is so practical to have around. I love that we are seeing this part of the country through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following along with your journey! (But where are pictures of the choo choo hotel?!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete