One of the highlights of yesterday's visit was just sitting back and watching the interaction between two old friends. Some might feel uncomfortable in such a situation, but that wasn't the case for me. Laura and Pav have a rich history together as well as a love of History, Architecture, the Arts, and so much more. At times, I just smiled in awe of their combined knowledge.
That said, I found my own bit of history visiting the Atlanta History Center and specifically the Swan House which is a mansion preserved on the property. While the rooms are lavishly appointed with all the belongings of the wealthy family who owned the home, it was an object in the servant's bedroom on the top floor that caught my eye and hit home, literally.
For those of you who don't know, I'm a native of New Britain, CT and my dad worked for The Stanley Works for 37 years! What a thrill to see this item in a mansion in Atlanta!
As I write this, Pav and I are making our way to Oberlin, OH and my dear friend, Marci. (You'll recall that Marci gave us Boris, our mascot on this voyage.)


No comments:
Post a Comment