As you all know, this trip across the country is really somewhat of a bridge between what's happened between us over the past fourteen months and what awaits us together in Los Angeles. Every month since May of 2014, we have spent long weekends, full weeks, etc. together--except for the stretch from Memorial Day weekend to the Fourth of July this year.
I packed up my apartment and loaded a storage container (thanks Robbie and Jimmy!) and had few belongings left in the apartment. During this packing time, I celebrated a birthday and received a package from Pav containing items that were either edible or practical, requiring no transporting--a can of healthy nuts, a tin of mints from Pasadena are just two examples. With each of these items came a thoughtful note. As I read each note I smiled, until I came to this item--
a standard, pink, pencil eraser. Attached to this was a note that read "Because we're going to make mistakes, and that's ok." Needless to say, I smiled through tears and immediately put the eraser with the items that needed to travel across country with us. Let's face it, we're going to take a wrong turn or two along the way (as I did on I-85 in Atlanta!) and it's nice to look over at the eraser and just remember that we're human and we'll be ok!
That eraser is one of the most thoughtful and memorable gifts I have ever received.

Tim, you've got to know that you are the luckiest guy in the world.
ReplyDelete